Collaboration Places – Google Spaces
Coming to a device near you shortly [for some it has arrived already]! Google Spaces
My first thought was – Has Google bought MySpace? No, with the changes and challenges over at Google+, it was only time before something new came along. So here is what I have found so far…
- Think Facebook Closed [possibly Secret] Groups with the power of Google Search, YouTube and Messaging
- Available on Desktop, Android and iOS – not tried it on my tablet yet – but works fine on Samsung S7 device
- Chrome Extension for quick adding items to Spaces and conversations
- Targeting an audience that is interested in small group sharing and collaboration on everything – yet can’t seem to share files, docs, etc… directly, you can do via a link [tested with DropBox and SlideShare]. You can add links, photos and stickers!
- Ability to create multiple spaces and Invite others to join by Private link, Email and even Facebook
- You can search within your own Spaces, but not other peoples.
Over the next several weeks I am going do more digging and playing around with this to see what potential value Google Spaces has in the recruitment sector – possibly on building collaborative groups [communities] of individuals interested in niche items. So my first ‘Space’ is titled – “Future of Recruitment” I will be sending out some invites for others to join and test/try it out.
If you are interested in joining and contributing, let me know.